Skimmers combine pipes with Swivel Joints, which allow a continuous transport of liquids during the movement of the piping system. Therefore this type of construction fulfils the specific requirements of Tank Storages in an optimal way.
The Skimmer allows to carry off contaminated fluids floating on the product in the tank storage.
Skimmers use two floaters, which position the suction hole directly below the surface of the contaminated fluid. This ensures the skimming of the contamination independently of the tanks filling level in an optimal way.
Skimmers are characterized by:
- Long-lasting, reliable Swivel Joints, customized to particular needs of applications and fluids to be transported
- Easy operation and movement of the system ensured by IGATEC Swivel Joints
- Stable system, especially in contrast to hose systems: no kinking of the hose
- Easy Installation
- Corrosion resistance
- Wide range of materials and Swivel Joint Types allows to design systems for almost every tank and every product
- Customized design, construction, manufacturing and installation by taking into account the specific requirements of tank and product
|Nominal Diameter||3“ (DN80) up to 12“ (DN300)|
|Material||Steel, Stainless Steel,…|
|Gasket/Sealing||PTFE, NBR, Viton, HPU|
|Connecting Ends||According to Customers’ requirements|
|Type of Swivel Joint||W, LW, SO|